|Noo and me on the morning of the conference|
(had to get a Noo shot in somewhere!)
|Very informative SEO talk|
|I love a goodie bag!|
|Delicious Twinings tea served in beautiful teacups|
I attended Blogopolis for mainly two reasons:
- To learn more about the Aussie blogging scene; and
- To get out of my comfort zone and talk to new people.
And I achieved both.
Highlights for me were:
- Walking through the door of the Wentworth Sofitel and not bursting into tears.
- Meeting Lisa at Mum Of Adult Kids and having a buddy for the day.
- Jeff Tan's informative presentation on SEO and web analytics. This subject has alluded me for a long time so I was stoked to be able to hear such a clear and concise talk on it. The information I learnt will be handy for both my blog and my studies.
- Sitting on a table with some of the finest bloggers out there: Mrs Woog from WOOGSWORLD, Eden of Edenland, Kim from Allconsuming, Sarah from A Beach Cottage, Nikki from Styling You and Trevor Young from PR Warrior.
- The 'finding your voice' panel; I particularly liked what both Eden and Zoey from Goodgoogs had to say. That my blog can be a place for me to find myself, that it is a 'psychological experience', a place to exhibit my 'weird' if I want to. And I want to!
- Mrs Woog's parting comments: That blogging is not a race or a competition; that Aussie bloggers need to unite and be nice to one another; and to have fun or it doesn't count.
So that is my Blogopolis 2012 wrap up. It is about all I can manage. I'm seeing double here! Got a filthy flu and can't think straight.
Looking forward to the next blogging function!