Saturday, February 15, 2014

Belkin: The lost review

Sponsored

Once upon a time, approximately 10 or so months ago, a lovely PR person got in contact with me about doing a review for the electronics accessory company Belkin. I was stoked to be asked because, as a bit of a gadget fanatic, I was keen to try some free products.

Time passed. I received some parcels and then I got sick. I had a play with the products but was not in the headspace to write about them. More time passed. I continued to be unwell and spewed forth blog posts about how bad I was feeling and just felt throwing a product review into the mix would seem kinda weird and out of place.

Now I'm feeling better I am finally ready to tell you about these products. I have now, after all, given them (one in particular) a pretty good workout!

The first product I was sent was the VideoCharge + ChargeSync which you actually can't buy any more, going by the Belkin website. I couldn't use this at the time because it was for the iPhone 4/4s and I have an iPhone 5. Luckily though my sister had an old iPhone and was able to give the VideoCharge a go.

The stand for the VideoCharge is excellent, with a heavy base and firm grip for the phone. This came especially in handy when FaceTiming with a grabby baby Mala wanting to get in on the call with her cousin Noo. Having the ability to charge the phone at the same time is also a good idea. We all know how fast iPhone batteries wear down!


Belkin VideoCharge + ChargeSync for iPhone 4/4s


When I told the PR company that I actually couldn't use the product they sent me, along came another parcel containing the Charge+Sync Dock for iPhone 5. I really like this dock. It is a great stand for my iPhone that I move around from my desk to my bedside table as required. I only had one complaint about it at the time. It didn't come with its own inbuilt lightning connector - you have to use your own. For the price it was at the time, I didn't think this was great value.

Now, all this time later, Belkin have upped the stakes and lowered the price! The MIXIT ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 5 now includes an inbuilt lightning connector and has come down in price to $39.95. Awesome! I want one.


Belkin Charge+Sync Dock for iPhone 5


So there you have it! I wasn't paid for this review but I was given the accessories shown in the photos above. I stand by my opinion and will most likely go out and buy the new MIXIT ChargeSync Dock for iPhone 5 with my own money so I don't have to keep moving the other one around.

And everyone lived happily ever after.

The end.

V.



Disclosure: As previously mentioned I wasn't paid for this review I was, however, given the products shown in the photos above. All opinions are my own in accordance with my disclosure policy.







SUBSCRIBE NOW! Enter your email address to receive
babblingbandit.me posts direct to your inbox:


Delivered by FeedBurner

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for leaving me a comment. I love comments!